Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

At this time of year, many use this time to list all the things that they are thankful for. I am thankful for many things, but I will list just a few.

1) I am thankful for living in this great country. Having travelled to and lived in many other countries around the world, I can see for myself that this is the greatest country in the world. That is why many people of the world vote with their feet and leave their home countries and emmigrate to the United States, even if it is controlled by a Republican president. If any of the readers of the Warren feel otherwise, they are free to vote with their feet also and leave for some other liberal utopia.

2) I am thankful for the United States armed forces that enable Americans to "sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Many people have pointed out that it's the military of the United States of America that guarantees the freedoms that we all take for granted. Liberals many think that it's the UN or some other worthless international governing body, but if it wasn't for our military, do you really think that the other countries in the world like Russia, China, Iran, etc. would want to live in peace and harmony with a country with all the natural resources and industry as the United States? Or, here's another illustration that I heard the G-Man, G. Gordon Liddy give one time. Two people go to the bank and withdraw a large sum of money. Person A is a 95-year old grandma who weighs 100 lbs and is barely 5-foot tall. She carried only her purse and a walking cane. Person B is a 250 lb lineman for the Green Bay Packers. He carries a baseball bat in his left hand and a Thompson 45 submachine gun in his right hand. Both have to traverse the worst neighborhood in the city where crime is rampant and drug dealers ply their trade. Which of these two people have a better chance of arriving at their destination alive and with their money? Would you rather our country be the 95-year old grandma or the Green Bay Packers lineman? Who would you rather be?

3) I am thankful for my sainted parents and the upbringing that they gave me. I do not remember them ever sitting me down and actually telling me what I should do, but their example is what influenced me the most. I grew up during the Vietnam War and I do not believe that I would have ever joined the USMC if my father had not proudly served in the United States Navy and was not ashamed to show it. Thankfully, his example saved me from throwing my life away as a 60's era anti-war looser a la John "War Hero" Kerry.

These are just three of many things that I'm thankful for during this holiday season and The Great El-ahrairah would like to wish all readers of the Warren a Happy Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home