Sunday, December 18, 2005

Yawn. Big Deal.

New revelations show that President Bush authorized domestic spying on US citizens without judicial approval. So, what's the big deal? I guess if you want to kill terrorists, you need to be able to catch them and to do so, you need to spy on them. Whether they had judicial approval or not, doesn't really worry me. Having terrorists running around in the US is what worries me more, so this is yet another example of lots of hot air coming from the Defeato-crats in Congress.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Jim Knowlton said...

Without some sort of oversight, how do you know it's only terrorists that the President is monitoring? That's the part that bothers me...it basically reduces us to just taking him at his word - something I'm not willing to do on something this important. From my understanding there was notification of a few members of congress, but no real oversight by either congress or the courts. Sounds like one branch of government is trying to essentially render the other two branches irrelevant. That's more than a little scary.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Captain Holly said...

I'd get more excited if this wasn't essentially the same program that existed under the Clinton Administration. To me it seems that all this outrage on the part of the Democrats is a bit too convenient.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home