Thursday, December 15, 2005

Good Timing

In an earlier post this month, I talked about two politicians, Mitt Romney, the Republican governor of Massachusetts and the other, Democratic Minority Leader, Harry Reid, both who happen to be members of the LDS Church. I gave my opinion about each of them (Mitt Romney: Two thumbs up. Harry Reid: A big embarrassment), and whether or not I could vote for them. Well, I guess Mitt Romney reads The Warren (don't all influential politicians?) since he has decided to not run for re-election in 2006, thereby making himself available for a bid for the White House in 2008. Although he has pooh-poohed the idea of a presidential run, it doesn't sound like it is an iron-clad "no". If he isn't called to serve the LDS Church as a mission president (probably in France) in the next few months (don't laugh, it happens all the time to "retired" politicians and business leaders of the LDS Church), I can see him "throwing his hat in the ring" and running. However, as much as I may like him, I don't think that he has enough stature on the national stage to win the nomination, but he would make a very good vice-presidential candidate. Only time will tell whether the Great El-ahrairah's prediction will come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home