Saturday, December 10, 2005

Great Minds almost thought alike

It was my intention during this past week -- after How-weird Dean had his latest "Yearrrrgh" moment -- to blog about the similarity between modern Democrats and those of the Civil War Era, specifically how Democrat defeatists John-John (Kerry and Murtha) closely resemble Union General and Democrat Presidential candidate George McClellan. I've alluded to it before, but this time I was going to illustrate how the Democrats have become "Copperheads", those who hide behind a veneer of pretend patriotism while they seek to undermine the war effort.

Well, in the Blogosphere, if you snooze, you lose. Captain Ed has written an excellent article in the Weekly Standard on that very subject, and he made many of the same points and drawn the same parallels that I would have. Since I didn't post it earlier, I'm not able to claim that the good Captain obviously reads the Warren. But I can insinuate it, can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home