Thursday, December 15, 2005

No one says it better than Professor Reynolds

On why he gets tired of reading Andrew Sullivan:

However, I do agree with them that Andrew has been consistently, pompously, and annoyingly moralistic and irritatingly unspecific. So if that's the chorus, well yes -- but it's a song that has a lot of notes, most of them struck by Andrew himself. And I'm irritated with him, not for the reason you might think -- because I disagree with Andrew -- but more the contrary, because every time I read one of his preening posts, I find my opposition to torture weakening in response, even though I've been consistently in opposition to torture since 2001 (and before).

God help me if he ever starts blogging in support of nanotechnology and bans on cloning -- I'll probably start looking at Leon Kass more sympathetically. It's like listening to Robert Bork talk about original understanding jurisprudence.

My sentiments, exactly.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

I don't see why you even waste your time reading him. I stopped reading him over two years ago when I quickly figured out that his world view is tinted by gay rights. Everything he seemed to write about always had the gay rights angle to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home