Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Photo-Ice-Fishing-blogging: Causey Reservoir

Here's a couple of pics from Monday's ice fishing trip. The place is Causey Reservoir, about 30 miles east of Ogden, Utah.


The reservoir was covered with about 8-10 inches of ice -- quite safe -- but because it was very clear and not covered with snow, you could see through it. That made me a little nervous until I found out just how thick it was.


Here he is, Captain Holly in all his insulated glory. It really wasn't very cold, about 40 degrees, but a slushy rain was falling and I didn't want my head to get wet. I only got one bite, anyway, and left after a couple of hours. Measured against the dictum "the worst day fishing is better than the best day working" it wasn't too bad, but I've had better. Looking forward to the next time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home