Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Have you bought your carbon indulgences yet?

Recently, I went to the Delta airlines website to get airline ticket information for a company-paid trip. Usually, after you have selected the flights that you want to take, the website will ask you if you want to also reserve a hotel or rental car. This time, I noticed something new. There was a big green button asking me if I wanted to purchase carbon offsets for my trip. For only $5.50, I could pay Delta to plant some trees which would offset the carbon emissions that my trip would have incurred. I wonder if my company would pick up the bill for that.

So now, when you fly, make sure that you have bought your carbon indulgences. Maybe if the airline gave me better service and more leg room, I would think about it. But since they don't, they can pound sand.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home