Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thoughts on the Virginia Tech massacre

There's been plenty said about yesterday's events, but for some reason I'm not terribly inclined to say much at this point. I think in a week or so, when more facts come out, things will appear much different than they do now.

As for the issue of gun control, I think it's obvious that the no guns policy the university was so proud of a year ago was a complete and abject failure. Now I don't know if having one or even several CCWs in the building would have prevented the shooting, but I do know it would have evened the odds significantly. As far as I'm concerned, given the choice between jumping out the fourth-story window and shooting back I know which one I'd choose.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

I read another way of putting it which was along the lines of "We don't know if having any CCW's in the building would have stopped the shooter, but we have a good example of what happens when you have no CCW's around." Oh, I forgot, Virginia Tech has all those highly-trained campus police to protect the students.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home