Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mark Steyn reads this blog

Mark Steyn, who describes himself as a "world-class demography bore", has yet another example of how those who have kids end up controlling the world. Well, not quite, but he points out to those who think Mormons are weird religious fringe-types that within a decade or so there will be more of them than Jews, Presbyterians, or most other "mainline" Christian churches.

This echoes what I've been saying here for quite a while. As I put it when considering the future of gay marriage, my wife and I have four children. Andrew Sullivan and his partner have a beagle. In 2020, which household will have a greater influence on the political process?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

Hey Cap'n. If you want some more of Mr. Steyn's demography insight, I'll send you my copy of America Alone when I get done reading it. I just received it from Amazon Friday and I'll probably have it finished by Tuesday. Good stuff.

BTW, that's a perfect example of why the gay lifestyle is not natural: it does not propagate the species.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home