Monday, March 26, 2007

What I'm Reading Now

(Posted for El-ahrairah at his request -- CH)

Contrary to popular opinion, the Great El-ahrairah has not fallen off the world. I’ve just been banished to yet another Middle-Eastern country with lots of oil and not much population where my internet access is controlled by the US military.

Anyway, because I have lots of time on my hands when I’m not at work, I’ve been reading other books than I usually read. Since you can find out much about a person by the kinds of books that he reads, here is a list of the books that I have read recently.

1491 by Charles C. Mann. I picked this book up in the airport on my way to this palm oasis. I had never heard about it before, but after reading the back cover, I decided to read it since it talks about what the Americas were like before Christopher Columbus arrived on the scene. I also wanted to know more about pre-Columbian Indian cultures because this interests me from a religious standpoint. A very good book to de-bunk environ-mentalists claims that the Indians in the US lived together in kum-buy-ya harmony before those white oppressor European males showed up and ruined everything.

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming (and Environmentalism) by Christopher C. Horner. After the former Vice President Al “Chicken Little” Gore’s documentary “won” (or was “selected” for) the Oscar, I was poking around on the Internet and stumbled across this book. I immediately ordered (and I did not pass “GO” or collect $500) it from Amazon since anything entitled “Politically Incorrect” must mean that liberals won’t want me to read it because of the truth to be found therein. Before I read the book, I always knew that the theory of man causing global warming was “junk science”, but now I have even more facts to back it up. For those readers of the Warren who still believe what Al Gore says about Global Warming (or the invention of the Iinternet), well, I guess you probably still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. All three have the same basis in truth, which is none.

America Alone by Mark Steyn. Mr. Columnist to the World hit this one on the head about the threat that radical (and moderate) Islam poses to the world. As the Cap’n pointed out in a previous post, Mark Steyn knows demographics and in the same way that gay liberals who can’t breed will have zero influence in politics 20 years down the line to “Christers” who do, Europe is slowing doing its death spiral. Having lived in France and seen the Arab ghettos, he didn’t need to tell me that France would someday be majority Muslim, but I didn’t suspect other European countries were worse off that France.

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) by Robert Spencer. I haven’t read this book yet, but it is waiting for me back in the US. I thought I could probably have it sent here, but if the host nation customs found it, well, maybe I should wait and read it when I get home.

Here are four books that any true American should have in his or her home to help him or her defend his or her beliefs against the stupidity that is called modern liberalism. Remember, knowledge is power and since liberals prefer the unwashed masses to be uninformed, an informed American is one less mind-control robot for the liberals.

2 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My my, how easily you are led. If the title contains the words "politically incorrect," then it must be true, eh?

Aren't you the bright one, then.

http://gristmill.grist.org/skeptics

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

As opposed to having hollywood celebrities (who are not know for their intelligence) jumping on the climate change bandwagon because "it must be true!" Anytime Hollywood get excited over something, you know it has to be "dumbed down" enough for them to comprehend and it is always wrong.

Remember when Christopher Columbus decided to buck the "scientific concensus" of his day and actually see if the earth was really flat? If we learned anything from this is that "scientific concensus" is always wrong and is only there to stifle disent and critical thinking, but then, stifling disent and critical thinking is what liberals are all about. Like I have always said, liberals are all for free speech when it's something they want to hear, ergo, since they are trying stifle debate on climate change, it means they are trying to hide something and we should do some more research to make sure that what Hollywood says is happening, really is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home