Monday, June 20, 2005

The Terri Schiavo autopsy report is released

Since Captain Holly was so outspoken during the countdown to Terri Schiavo's court-sanctioned killing, it's only fair to ask what he thinks about the recently-released autopsy report.

Because the MainStreamMedia has reported only their spin on the story, I took all preliminary reports with a shakerful of salt. From what Michelle Malkin has written, it's a good thing I did: The report hardly exonerates Michael Schiavo, and raises several important questions.

For one, Mr. Schaivo's claim that his wife had bulimia has been completely debunked. The coroner could find no evidence that Terri's collapse was due to bulimia, or that she ever had an eating disorder. This is a remarkable piece of evidence, which leads us to conclude that:

1. Michael Schaivo is a lying sack-of-s#*t (my vote);

or

2. Autopsies are quite useful for determining the condition of a person just before she died; they are less useful for determining the condition of a person 15 or 10 or even 5 years ago.

Now, I'm willing to keep an open mind and say that option #2 is the best explanation. I would expect, however, that those who claim that Terri was completely blind or brain dead and maintain her parents are simply unwilling to face the truth be just as open-minded.

I won't hold my breath, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home