Sunday, June 29, 2008

What goes around.......

......comes around. The other day, while flipping thru the channels, I chanced upon one of those morning news shows geared towards women. If I remember right, it was on Fox and called Mike and Jane in the Morning or something along those lines. The hosts were doing a segment on how more and more women were earning more than their husbands and how that has changed divorce in the United States for the fact that more and more women are finding themselves on the short end of the alimony stick. Having gone thru a divorce with my first wife and having had to play the alimony game, my ears perked right up when I heard that.

One of their guests was a woman who was required by the court to pay alimony to her husband of 10 years. Her sad sob story was as follows: Her husband was a former baseball player who didn't have a whole lot when they met. She was a successful business woman with a net worth of over 1 million. They were married, but unfortunately, after 10 years of putting up with her husband's multiple infidelities, she finally divorced him. When she got to divorce court, her husband's evil lawyer and the mean judge conspired against her and forced her to pay her husband alimony to the tune of $50,000 per month (I think). And the to make matters worse, she suspected that her husband had been planning this from the beginning of their relationship.

When I heard her tale of woe, I said "Well, welcome to a divorced man's world, sister!". How many men have been taken to the cleaners by women in divorce court? How many men have married women with nothing and wound up loosing a big chunk o' change just because they were stupid enough to say "I do"? How many men have suddenly realized that their wives were planning on divorcing them from day one and only married them for their money? If you are stupid enough to think that any normal man who has had to go thru a divorce and see just how badly they are screwed has any sympathy for your situation, then you deserve what you got. Not only did I say "Yeah! Finally a man gets to screw the woman in divorce court!", I cheered and wanted to shake that man's hand. Yeah! Do it to her for your less-fortunate brothers!

Now, if you are a woman and are appalled that I would be cheering for her deadbeat husband, well, then you need to get a life and see just exactly how badly men are discriminated against in court. Then maybe you can understand why I'm so happy to see her get screwed by the system.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home