Saturday, September 09, 2006

BYU tries to protect its reputation

Physics professor Steven Jones, one of the so-called "9/11 Scholars for Truth" has been placed on paid leave, pending an official investigation.

I blogged about this last fall. I'm kind of ambivalent about it; if he wants to make an ass of himself, he should be free to do so. However, I can understand why BYU wanted to protect its good name. The members of this group are about as moonbatty as you can get; John Birchers have a better grasp on reality than they do. Any university that lets itself be associated with them will come out looking bad.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

It just goes to show you that BYU isn't immune to crack-pots who think that because they teach at a church educational institution means that people (and members of the LDS church) should listen to them. "You can trust me. I teach at BYU."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home