Saturday, January 21, 2006

El-ahrairah's Iraq Diary, Page Three

(Posted from an e-mail at his request -- CH)

Another week of my all-expense paid guv-mint Iraqi vacation is finished. Yet again, the terrorists tried to “win one for Osama” in the global “Kill All Infidels” video game. Unfortunately, although they came close (ground-shaking, KA-BOOM! close), they missed! Better luck next time, (switch to Ah-nold voice) girly-men!

Not much happened since my last post other than the rain stopped and we are drying out (pretty fast since we only have two types of weather here, clear/sunny and cloudy/raining. I did follow the Alito hearings with some interest. I wanted to see just how badly the Democrats in the Senate would try to smear him. Unfortunately, the Democrats confused being boring with being senatorial and showed just why they are the minority party. Senator Kennedy proved why there should be a senility test for US Senators and Senator Biden must think that the mark of intelligence is directly proportional to the quantity of words which issue from a speaker’s mouth and not the quality. The French have a word for that. It’s the verb baver which means to drool. However, if someone describes what comes out of your mouth when you speak as baver, well, you get the idea.

I read this report from Hugh Hewitt about a list of the 50 most influential Christians in America. He takes exception to Pope Benedict XVI as #44. Most of them are not familiar to me but President George Bush is listed as #8. Frankly, I would have put him at #1, far ahead of anyone else since he has more impact on Christians in the United States than Billy Graham (#3), James Dobson (#9) and Robert Schuller (#19). Dr. Phil McGraw of “Dr. Phil” fame made the list at #50. Unfortunately, Dr. Laura Schlessinger isn’t Christian. I consider her to have much more influence in the United States than Dr. Phil (Would Dr. Phil condemn pre-martial sex, etc. as strongly as Dr. Laura? I didn’t think so.). The president of the LDS Church, Gordon B. Hinckley didn’t make the list either, but that is not all that surprising since the list was probably put together by people who don’t consider members of the LDS Church to be Christian. Hey Cap’n, if you ever want to spin up a Jehovah’s Witness or an evangelist/Baptist, keep referring to yourself as a “Christian”. It really makes their blood boil.

Speaking of Utah, I see that they have narrowed the field down to three designs for the Utah State quarter which is due out in 2007. I thought they would have had a design showing the Great State of Utah in the background with the handcart pioneers in the foreground, but of the three finalists, I’m inclined to select the beehive design. The Promontory Point design is also nice but I think the snowboarder design is kind of cheesy. I really don’t want to be known as the ‘rad state of Utah, dude.”

I also see that Salt Lake City mayor, Hissonner “Rock-Head” Anderson is in a tiff about free airport parking for journalists. This is in response to a DesNews report about how he uses his free parking privileges at the Salt Lake Airport, not only for business trips, but also for personal trips. I guess if Salt Lake City was looking into removing free parking privileges for journalists before the story came out, I wouldn’t think twice about it, BUT it’s just too convenient that it happens right now, just after Rock-Head got slammed for abusing his parking privilege.

2 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lobbying does not equal bribery. Your comments at Williams reeks of ignorance.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

Ok, so I'm ig-nernt. Educate me as to the difference between lobbying and bribery since, as far as I know, you are giving an elected official money to vote a certain way, right? Oh wait, there is a nuance that I'm missing that only intelligent people in the Senate like Brother "Dirty Harry" Reid can understand. Maybe you should have "Nuanceman" John Kerry come explain it to me. At the same time, why don't you explain to me the "nuances" involved in why it's illegal for a mother to kill her newborn baby the day after it is born, but the day before, she can have an abortion and it's legal. Please, please explain that to me since as you pointed out, I'm soooo ig-nernt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home