Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Can I say "I told you so" yet?

Here at The Warren, the Cap'n and I have commented somewhat on the Harriet Miers nomination to the Supreme Court. The Cap'n blogged here about how the Harriet Miers' nomination was doomed because she once owned a handgun and I mused here that her nomination was just a part of the Evil Karl Rove Master Plan to get a much more conservative judge on the court. The Cliff Notes Version of my post was that her nomination was a "throw away" for Bush so that the Democrats would spend their time and energy on defeating her and enabling Bush to nominate a much more conservative judge. All Harriet Miers would have to do would be to come down hard on abortion to be assured of being rejected for the job. Well, from this revelation, someone better call 911 Emergency since it looks like Senator Kennedy's heart will need a "jump start".

The Cap'n thought that she was toast for owning a handgun. That might be so, but she just touched the third rail of judicial confirmations, so to speak, and now the Democrats will be falling all over themselves to denounce her as "unfit for the court". So, do I get to say "I told you so" yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home