Monday, January 10, 2005

Provide the voluntary information, or else!

Just got back from a mandatory work meeting, called at the last minute.

What was the reason for pulling everyone away from their tasks? Apparently the Bean Counters at our personnel department don't know everyone's race information.

So we were told to fill out the new information sheet and include the "voluntary" information about race and veteran's status. I did, and when I turned it in to the personnel rep she got heartburn that I had failed to indicate my race.

Since when did this information become mandatory? And what right to they have to demand it, anyway?

1 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

It became mandatory when the fedearl government decided that your employer could either receive or loose money depending on who they have employed. And you probably thought that quotas were dead.

Reminds me of the stupid info that the government wanted the airlines to collect on your next of kin in case of air disaster. I always refused to give it to them since I never thought they needed it. I guess enough people were like me since I haven't been asked for it anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home