Thursday, June 28, 2007

Well, that was quick.

Way back in January, I blogged about the kerfuffle on the Grey's Anatomy set. Cliff Notes version: One of the cast members (an African-American) insulted another cast member (a homosexual-American) by using an anti-gay epithet and was forced to go to "re-education camp". At the time I mused about when the African-American actor would start screaming racism since he's the only African-American on the cast and everyone else are white.

Fast forward to today, and we find out a that he has been fired from the cast of Grey's Anatomy, but instead of going away quietly, he has charged that his firing was the result of *GASP!* racism. You go guy!

He charges that he was let go because he didn't act like a "submissive" black at work:

"Well, it didn't help me on the set that I was a black man who wasn't a mush-mouth Negro walking around with his head in his hands all the time. I didn't speak like I'd just left the plantation and that can be a problem for people sometime," he said.
"I had a person in human resources tell me after this thing played out that `some people' were afraid of me around the studio. I asked her why, because I'm a 6-foot-1, black man with dark skin and who doesn't go around saying `Yessah, massa sir' and `No sir, massa' to everyone?


Yeah! Nothing like Hollywood liberals being called racist! I can hardly wait for the blood-letting of watching Hollywood liberals decide who is the more aggrieved minority, gays or blacks. Where's my popcorn?

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger chumly said...

Yep! I'm Polish the forgotton, but well joked about people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home