Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I saw this coming months ago

The US Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals has told the ACLU to get stuffed.

I saw this coming months ago. I knew the ACLU had to appeal the decision to maintain their bona fides with their far-left Mormon-hating donors, but I didn't mind because it wasted alot of their time and money, as well as squandered alot of goodwill.

Incidentally, "Mormon-hating donors" is not too strong a term. Read what plaintiff Lee Siegel said about the decision in the Tribune:

Lee Siegel, one of the ACLU's four plaintiffs, called the decision a sad day for the principle of separation of church and state and said it "adds to the feeling that I live in a state run by the American Taliban."

"Salt Lake City and the church have successfully weaseled themselves to a victory, but it doesn't make it right," he said. "I hope they enjoy their lily white, golly gee, clean, fun plaza."

Yeah, they hate Mormons all right.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home