Friday, September 30, 2005

I don't know whether to be relieved or scared

This just in: The US will retain control of the Internet. I guess I shouldn't be shocked to see that the UN had been pushing for this since, for the rest of the world, the UN is a counterweigh to the evil, imperialistic US. But just think what would have happened if we had been stupid enough to give up something so vital to our national economy and defense to a kleptocratic organization as Scams-R-Us. Imagine the illegal kickbacks that Kofi "The Appeaser" and his friends would have been able to line their pockets with. Shudder!!!!

So, we can all sleep safe for right now, BUT, remember what last century's greatest president, James Earl Carter, did with the Panama Canal? That's right, he gave it away. So, just our luck, we will get another idiot president who will want to "play nice" with the international community (read: France) and give away our Internet.

P.S. I'm back from my vacation. I can see that the Cap'n filled in admirably for me while I was gone since he has much more in the brain department than I. I have often said that I got all the good looks and he got all the brains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home