Monday, August 22, 2005

Moonbat Photo-Blogging: The Great Salt Lake City Anti-War Protests

Well, it worked out that I was able to go to the protests today. I took my lunch break early and headed for downtown.

I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive about going there. Utah is by far the Reddest state in America, but there are several colonies of Hard-Core Moonbats in the state and SLC Mayor Rocky Anderson is their hero. I didn't think the protests would be too big, but I also didn't think several thousand persons would be out of the question. Since I had a limited amount of time, the last thing I wanted to do was fight my way through big crowds just to get there.

I am happy to say I overestimated the dedication of the Utah Moonbats.



This is a full view of the protest at about 12:10 PM. I would say there were, at the most, only 300 people there, all bunched into the southeast corner of Pioneer Park. This is pretty close to the estimates reported by some MSM outlets, but nowhere near the wild-eyed figure of "1,000 to 2,000" reported by the unofficial mouthpiece of the Utah Democrat Party, The Salt Lake Tribune.

(A caveat: As I was only there for about 20 minutes, it is possible that more persons showed up later)

With such low turnout, one wonders if this indeed was a bona fide anti-war demonstration. Let's go down our checklist of necessary features:


Let's see, desecration of the US flag, check. (Someone needs to tell NBC that they are part of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy).


Republicans compared to Nazis, check. (But alas, no papier-mache puppets of President Bush with a Hitler moustache)


US Military simultaneously compared to Nazis AND Terrorists (a very clever two-fer), check and check.


Kindergarten-level slogans, check. (Still no papier-mache puppets)


"Bush Lied, People Died" and "No Blood For Oil" (another two-fer), check.


Ambitious liberal politicians soaking up the free publicity, check. (This is El-ahrairah's favorite Democrat, Hizzoner Rocky Anderson)



I know this is exactly the acronym I think of when I see the word "hubris". (C'mon, where are the frickin' papier-mache puppets?)


This wins the award for the Most Clueless Moonbat Sign. For the uninitiated, Proposition 3 was an amendment to the Utah Constitution that defined marriage as a man and a woman only.

It passed with over 70% voter support last November. For cryin' out loud, you guys lost. Get over it already.


There was also a surprising number of counter-protestors. Next to those upstanding punks with the spiked, dyed hair is a family of low-life, clean-cut Republicans (I'll bet they even got married before they had children, too).

There were even some Protest Warriors near the entrance to the park. I wasn't sure if this was an official PW action or just some free-lancers, but it was kinda funny to watch the Moonbats do double-takes when they read the signs and figured out they were pro-war.

This couple were a real pair of troopers. They took alot of abuse from the Lefties around them, but they seemed to stand up for themselves fairly well. (Still no sign of any papier-mache puppets)


Gee, I would guess this lady doesn't like the President, not to mention has alot of time and money on her hands.

Finally, I had to get back to work. And as I was leaving, there it was...


Yesssss! Papier-Mache puppets! Ladies and Gentlemen, this was indeed a proper Left-Wing Protest, and I for one am glad I went.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

You know, me and Rock-Head are tight, kind of like Saddam and Klinton (oops, wrong analogy). Anyway, good photo montage. Too bad they couldn't do this when I was around. I would have worn my blatantly jingoistic (what does this mean?) t-shirt "Got Freedom?" I'm still debating wearing it on the plane home so I can piss-off some Euro-weinie.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Old Wacky Hermit said...

Thanks for posting that, Captain Holly. I'd have gone myself, if I weren't towing three small children. I'd have had to explain to them why people were doing all this hateful stuff to our President.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home