Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Too bad for the Cap'n but just stand by.......

Well, good news for the Cap'n about the increase in family size at this time means bad news a few years down the line. What could the Great El-ahrairah be talking about? When those three daughters get to be "marrying" age, the Cap'n will know exactly what I'm talking about. For the un-initiated, I am also blessed with a daughter, she being the daughter of my wife from a previous marriage. When I married her mother, I became her father by default since I was the only man that would accept the responsibility. So, now that my daughter is getting married, I am experiencing first-hand just how much "fun" having a daughter can be for a father, which amounts to spending money. I had forgotten just how expensive getting married is. Usually, the groom's family also helps out, but unfortunately, the groom's family is, shall we say, rather less-than-rich-and-famous, so guess who's picking up the tab? It's not all that bad really. At least I get to walk her down the aisle at the church and give her away. I just hope I don't cry too much. So, Cap'n, I'll take good notes for you so you can start saving money for your three daughters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home