Sunday, July 29, 2007

Why the Great El-ahrairah will be voting for Mitt Romney.

Continuing his series of voting preferences, the Great El-ahrairah will give his reasons for why he will be voting for Mitt Romney (and besides, there is enough coverage of Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears elsewhere on the Internet).

As of today, there are three main declared GOP candidates for president (Romney, Guiliani and McCain) with one semi-declared candidate (Thompson). The rest of the GOP field is also-rans and the best that they could hope for is being selected for vice-president, and as such, I will basically ignore them.

Guiliani. I like Giuliani’s stances on terrorism and the War in Iraq (he also has that cool Italian name), but I don’t feel that someone who has whose highest elected office was the mayor of New York City has the experience to run the country. I also do not like his stance on abortion or gay marriage, so at this time, I will not be voting for Guiliani.

McCain. I like McCain’s stance on the War in Iraq, the military and terrorism, but his support for the immigration amnesty bill really pissed me off. I think McCain has been in Washington much too long and he needs to retire. McCain’s campaign is pretty well finished, so apparently I’m not the only one who feels this way. It’s too bad since I wanted McCain to get the nomination in 200o instead of President Bush.

Thompson. I kind of like Thompson’s rough personality, but I’m not too sure what he completely stands for at this time. I’m going to assume basic conservative values, but the specifics are unknown. About the only thing I know about him is that 1) he was on Law and Order and 2) he has a younger trophy wife. Since he is still in “exploratory” mode to decide to run or not, this should probably change in the future. However, at this time, I not inclined to vote for Thompson.

Romney. As many readers of the Warren know, I am a member of the LDS Church, the same as Mitt Romney. Some readers of the Warren may think that I will vote for Mitt Romney just because we are members of the same church. Although that is important to me, it is not the complete reason. As an example, Brother “Dirty” Harry Reid is also a member of the LDS Church, BUT I would never vote for him. He is a poor excuse for an American, he is too quick to surrender to terrorists and I feel that how he lives his professional life reflects badly on the LDS Church.

Mitt Romney has said that the campaign of anyone who runs for president needs to be based on the three conservative principles of military strength, financial strength and family strength. Military strength is what keeps America free and we should not be afraid to use our military to destroy all threats to our security. Financial strength keeps our taxes low and employment up. Family strength stands up against those things that destroy our families such as gay marriage, abortion, etc. As far as I’m concerned, Mitt Romney supports those things that I think are important, so he has my vote.

Although Mitt has my vote at this time, I cannot say what will happen in the future. Maybe Mitt will fade and Thompson will rise or McCain will get his head out and start running a decent campaign or Guiliani will repudiate his stance on abortion. The next six months will be interesting to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home