Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Thought for the Day

This woman made my day.

She's the late Strom Thurmond's illegitimate daughter. In a time where she could hit it big with the Media and go on the Oprah circuit as a tell-all black victim of Southern White Racism, she chose instead to be objective, look at the larger picture and think of herself as an American. Here's the money quote:

"I am every bit as white as I am black," Washington-Williams said Saturday in a speech at Sundance. "I was a slave, I was a master. I was for Kennedy and I was for Nixon. But I transcended into a simple person who loves America for the wonderful place that it is. We should still judge people on their character, not their skin color."

In a world where too many people are too eager to play the race card, this attitude is priceless.

Perhaps this is why the Deseret News buried the story in the back of the local section. [/snark]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home