Thursday, February 16, 2006

Important Blogging Annoucement

There are going to be some changes to The Warren. Captain Holly is leaving blogging.

Well, sort of. As anyone who has read The Warren lately can tell, I haven't been blogging much lately. It's largely due to my having many other commitments; when I do have spare time, there's so many other things I'd rather do. Blogging has become a kind of burden, not a fun hobby; something I feel obligated to do, rather than something I want to do.

For example, I wanted to post my predictions of the Olympic hockey tournament several days ago but I was too busy to get around to it. I often see and read things I'd like to blog about but when I finally get around to doing it, they're no longer relevant.

And it's not just with this blog. I have several fora and weblogs I follow and comment on regularly; lately I haven't been able to keep up with half of them. My "daily reads" are down to just a handful of blogs and news sites. I'm slowly evolving away from being a "thinker" to more of a "linker".

So, in keeping with this general evolution, The Warren will become more of a personal interest than a political commentary blog, at least as far as I am concerned. I'll do more photoblogging of things like fishing and hiking and hunting, and less pontificating and ranting. And I plan to post as much gun p0rn as I can get away with. But other than an occasional rant here or there, I'm no longer going to be a regular-blogging political pundit.

I've just got so many other things I'd rather do.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be back. They always come back.

-SayUncle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home