Sunday, March 27, 2005

Live "waiting for a mil-flight" blogging

While most everyone else is going to church on Easter, I'm here sitting in an AMC passenger terminal in Germany trying to get myself to Iraq. I started my travel adventure yesterday when I left Italy for Germany by a commercial flight. I arrived in Germany about 1200 noon and proceeded immediately for the air base where the AMC passenger terminal was (it's just on the other side of the commercial German runway). I signed up for Space-Available travel and now I've been here for 24 hours waiting for a seat on a cargo flight. Where I'm going, there are no direct passenger flights, so either I wait here for a flight or route thru Kuwait and do what I'm doing here in Kuwait. Anyway, I'm hoping that I will be able to get on a flight later tonight. If not, well, there is always tomorrow.

It could be worse. At least I have a rental car and I'm able to sleep at the local Air Farce Inn, so I'm pretty well just wasting my time. Everything is pretty well shutdown for the Easter weekend so there is not much to do, even if I wanted to leave the base. So, I wait and wait and wait and wait. Some may wonder as to the reason that I'm waiting so long. The reason is that the Air Farce gets points for moving cargo, not warm bodies, ergo, cargo has priority. If there is an opening, they will put people on the plane. If not, oh well. So, when people complain about how badly run certain US airline companies are, just remember that there is always a worse one called "Air Farce".

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Captain Holly said...

We need a catchy title for your posts from Iraq. Something like "El-ahrairah's Excellent Adventure" or "My life as a hlessi".

If we wanted the MainStreamMedia to notice, we could title it "Exposing the lies of the BusHitlerCheneyHaliburtonWarMachine".

Nah. Too verbose. It wouldn't fit on a bumper sticker.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger The Great El-ahrairah said...

How 'bout "El-ahrairah's Continuing Iraqi Saga"? I could ride onto the screen on a camel kind of like Monty Python's Nordjle's Icelandic Saga or something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home