Sunday, December 05, 2004

Blogging hiatus

In case any of our regular readers (are there any?) were wondering what happened to the Cap'n and the Great El-ahrairah, we were on a self-imposed hiatus due to the death of our beloved father just before Thanksgiving. It was very sudden and luckily for all involved, I was in the US for another reason when this happened.

I was tasked to give a talk during my father's funeral, and as I stated during this talk, all that I am today, I owe to my father. He served in the Navy during World War II and Korea and it was my father who got me interested in joining the military from a very young age. The branch and military job may have changed over the years (from Air Force pilot to Navy sailor to Marine grunt), but as far back as I can remember, I have always wanted to serve my country in the US military. Thru my job, I continue to "serve" to this day since I know that the most important job in the world is the defense of our great country. Everything else is "fluff" when you realize that we wouldn't have this "fluff" if not for the brave men and women who have died in defense of our country so that we can "sleep safe at night when we lay down our heads."

I'm back in the land of pomodori and pasta now, so for me, things are getting back to normal, more or less. I really didn't want to go back to the US when I did, but as is stated in the Bible, "The Lord moves in mysterious ways, his miracles to perform." He knew that my father would pass away and that I needed to be there, if not for myself, for my mother. Just another example of how the Lord knows what we really need in life even before we do.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home