Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Captain Holly has returned

The Great Mount St. Helens expedtion was a resounding success.  The son and I did alot of camping throughout the Pacific Northwest, hiked to the top of St. Helens, visited Mt. Rainier, saw two black bears (one ambled right past our cabin door), camped under 250 foot-tall Douglas firs, and had a roaring good time.  It has been somewhat disorienting to come back to the civilized world.
 
The only thing I wasn't able to do was fish, and that was largely due to the cost of out-of-state licenses.  I know Bigwig will consider this to be heresy, but I simply didn't make it a priority on this trip.
 
Unfortunately, efforts to get pictures of the trip posted have been so far unsucessful.  I'll keep working on it.
 
Now, let's get back to politics. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home