Thursday, October 27, 2005

"They're gettin' nuttin' for Fitzmas!"

Fitzmas, the name liberals have given to the day Karl Rove et al are indicted, is fast approaching.

I'm feeling kinda lazy this morning, so I'm not going to provide any links. The speculation and discussion about the "imminent" indictments are all over the web, and my dear reader(s) have probably read more about it than I have.

I'll just go out on a limb and say there won't be any indictments. Period. Fitzgerald might issue a statement tsk-tsking the White House's behavior, but other than that, it'll be a wash.

Why? I don't know, just a gut feeling. But if Fitzgerald is as "meticulous" and "tough" and "non-partisan" as the lovestruck media say he is, I doubt he'll risk his name and reputation by turning what is essentially a partisan debate over Iraq into a criminal case. Unfortunately, once he fails to announce indictments he'll suddenly become a sinister pawn in an Evil Rovian Cover-up, so either way he's going to have headaches.

I don't have anything to back any of this up. I'm just guessing, based on what I would if I were in his shoes and what I'd like to see happen. This is no different than virtually everyone else in the media and the blogosphere. But unlike the liberal media, I'm honest enough to admit I'm making a wild-assed guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home