Sunday, September 11, 2005

I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help you...

Captain Holly considers himself to be a gun blogger, although admittedly I haven't blogged much about guns lately (a quick check of my archives from a year ago will reveal that it was one of my favorite subjects).

That is going to change, however.

Corrupt and incompetent Democrat Mayor Ray Nagin's corrupt and incompetent Chief of Police, P. Edwin (has no moral) Compass has simply decided -- with the consent of his Whiny Overlord, no doubt -- that every gun in New Orleans will be confiscated, regardless of the circumstances. What's worse, the National Guard and Federal Marshalls are helping enforce this unconstitutional and illegal order at gunpoint. Dave Kopel has the appalling details (h/t Instapundit).

This means war.

This hits every nerve in my body and simultaneously pushes every one of my buttons. I am going to raise hell with every one of my elected representatives, starting with the local mayor up to President Bush himself. Today will be spent writing and sending as many angry but polite e-mails as I can.

This cannot be allowed to stand. It needs to be nipped in the bud right away, before other .Gov types get the idea that this is good disaster policy.

Contact your representatives immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home