Tuesday, June 08, 2004

At last! A USO show worth seeing!

The organization made famous by Bob Hope and the Hollywood Canteen, the USO, sponsored a tour in Germany recently that The Great El-ahrairah would have liked to have seen. Nope, it's not a bunch of NFL cheerleaders who think that doing splits for the troops counts as "serving their country". It was Toby Keith and Ted Nugent. I'm sure the Cap'n would have liked to have seen it. I don't know which would have been better, singing along with Toby about "putting a boot in the ass" of terrorists because "it's the American way" or watching "Mr. NRA" Ted shoot arrows at pictures of Bin Laden/Saddam. Unfortunately, I missed the show. I'm sure I would have greatly enjoyed such blantly jingoistic, pro-American, anti-French propaganda. It's great to be an American!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home